Blackboard Open LMS
Practical guides on how to get your virtual classroom ready...
- How to sign into Blackboard Open LMS?
- Content & Assignments
- Course Settings and Sections
- Video Conferences (Blackboard Collaborate)
- Turnitin Assignments
- Enrolling Students
- Commonly found issues and how to solve them
How to sign into Blackboard Open LMS?
After you have created your Student Portal account, you can log into Blackboard Open LMS using the instructions below.
- Go to https://urbe.university
- On the top left of the header, select Blackboard.
- On the login page, you will need to log in using your account on Single Sign On (For Students & Faculty) (DO NOT USE SIGN IN FORM).
- This will direct you to the Microsoft login page where you will login with the Microsoft account you were provided.
- Once you login to your Microsoft account, you will be directed to your Blackboard Open LMS homepage.
Content & Assignments
Articles about how to get your content and assignments ready...
Course Settings and Sections
Please watch this guide on how to edit your course Settings and Sections.
You may need to Sign into your URBE account to view this video. Click the Login button below to get started.
For further assistance, you can reach out to us via our Live Chat platform ( top right corner of your screen), or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Video Conferences (Blackboard Collaborate)
Creating a new Collaborate instance
Blackboard Collaborate™ is a simple, convenient and reliable online collaborative learning solution. This fully redesigned solution delivers a level of engagement that makes learners feel like they’re together in the same room via collaboration and conference tools.
Retrieved from blackboard.com
In this article you will learn how to create a new Blackboard Collaborate instance to your course, and how to work with the Blackboard Collaborate Tool.
To begin adding an instance to your course shell, please follow these steps:
- Select the content section where you want to add the video conference.
- Click on Create learning activity > Collaborate (A new window will appear).
- Enter a Session Name.
- Write a Description ( if applicable).
- Select the conference's Start date and time.
- Note: Participants can access all conferences 15 minutes before the session starts.
- If you are planning on give a participation or attendance grade based on this activity:
- On your right options panel select Grade.
- Set the Grade Type to Point.
- After you are done setting Collaborate session click Save and return to course.
Blackboard Collaborate Overview
// Video 2 goes here
In this article we will cover the topics regarding the Turnitin anti-plagiarism assignment.
The Turnitin assignment helps instructors prevent plagiarism, by checking submissions against anything, from other students submissions, to the internet and published journals.
Please view this short video series to learn how to properly use Turnitin in Blackboard Open LMS.
How to create a Turnitin assignment in Blackboard Open LMS / Moodle.
How to read an Originality Report in FeedBack Studio in Blackboard Open LMS / Moodle.
How to provide feedback in FeedBack Studio in Blackboard Open LMS / Moodle.
For comments and questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com
Check out our gradebook-related guides...
Entering manual grades
Enrolling students is very simple. Please follow this short guide in order to have your roster inside your course shell.
Note: We are assuming you already have access to a shell with Instructor permissions.
- Scroll down to the end of your course page, and click on the Enrolled users button on the left side.
- Once inside the Participants window, select the Enroll users button on the far right side.
- On the popup window, add the students on your roster.
- Make sure the Assign role option is set to Students.
- When you are finished adding students, click the Enroll users button.
Check this short animation for details.
Commonly found issues and how to solve them
Articles on common non-technical issues, and how to solve them.
Students cannot access the discussion forums
Are your students getting this error when trying to work on their forums:
”You are not able to create a discussion because you are not a member of any group."
This is a common user error we see in our platform. Please notice this is not a technical issue, but a the result of a setting wrongfully enabled on your course shell.
To fix it, follow these steps:
- Click on the Admin (cog) button, on the far top-right corner of your course screen.
- Select the Edit Settings option.
- On the right side of the Edit course settings screen, go to Groups.
- Change the Groups mode option to No groups. Then set the Force Group Mode option to Yes.
After you do this, please do not forget to save your changes.