E-mail, Onedrive, Office Online and more…
- How to activate my e-mail account?
- How to restore my e-mail password?
- How to obtain Microsoft Office365 for your workstation.
- How to edit my email signature?
How to activate my e-mail account?
Whether you are a new student, professor, or staff member you will need to setup an URBE provided e-mail account for internal communication purposes and other activities regarding URBE’s matters.
To activate your newly created URBE e-mail account please follow these instructions:
- Go to https://www.urbe.university
- On the top-bar menu, go to Student Links > Student E-mail.
- Enter the e-mail account you received from Microsoft, then click Next.
- Type in the temporary password (do not copy, since this may result in a system error in some cases).
- Click Next.
- You may be asked for a personal phone number and e-mail. Microsoft uses this information for auto account recovery. If you are asked to enter this information, please do so, and follow the prompts to complete this steps.
That’s it! You are done activating your URBE e-mail account.
Please notice this account will be used as your authentication method for most of the services managed by the University.
How to restore my e-mail password?
If you remember your e-mail, but forgot your password. Go to https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/ and follow the prompts in order to reset your password.
If you could not reset your password, please contact us by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to obtain Microsoft Office365 for your workstation.
URBE University offers Office365 suite for free for all its students and faculty members.
- To obtain a copy of Office365, simply go to https://outlook.com/urbe.university and sign in using your URBE-provided e-mail address and password.
- Once you sign in, click the Install Office dropdown button, on the right side of your screen.
- Select Office365 Apps to start the download.
- Once the download is completed, open the file to begin the installation.
- To complete the installation, simply follow the on-screen prompts.
That's it! You have successfully installed Office365 in your computer.
Please notice that Office365 only works on MS Windows and macOS workstations.
How to edit my email signature?
Whether is a raise (Congrats to you!) or a mistake you need to fix, is always good to know how to edit your email signature.
Please watch this video to learn how to edit your signature in both, Outlook 365 (Web) and the Outlook Desktop client.