Video Conferences (Blackboard Collaborate)
Creating a new Collaborate instance
Blackboard Collaborate™ is a simple, convenient and reliable online collaborative learning solution. This fully redesigned solution delivers a level of engagement that makes learners feel like they’re together in the same room via collaboration and conference tools.
Retrieved from blackboard.com
In this article you will learn how to create a new Blackboard Collaborate instance to your course, and how to work with the Blackboard Collaborate Tool.
To begin adding an instance to your course shell, please follow these steps:
- Select the content section where you want to add the video conference.
- Click on Create learning activity > Collaborate (A new window will appear).
- Enter a Session Name.
- Write a Description ( if applicable).
- Select the conference's Start date and time.
- Note: Participants can access all conferences 15 minutes before the session starts.
- If you are planning on give a participation or attendance grade based on this activity:
- On your right options panel select Grade.
- Set the Grade Type to Point.
- After you are done setting Collaborate session click Save and return to course.
Blackboard Collaborate Overview
// Video 2 goes here